About Dr. Weissinger
Dr. William J. Weissinger, D.P.M., D.A.B.P.S. was born and raised in the New York metropolitan area and completed his undergraduate training at the University of Notre Dame du Lac in Indiana before attending medical school at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. He then completed his internship/clinical clerkship at the Foot Clinics of the City of New York.
Upon receiving his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, he was selected into the surgical residency program at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine and affiliated institutions, with special rotations at the Peninsula Hospital Center (now part of the North Shore-LIJ Health System) and the foot clinics of the Hospital for Joint Diseases on 125th Street in New York City.
After completing his surgical training, Dr. Weissinger was affiliated with numerous teaching programs. He instructed residents training to be foot surgeons at Peninsula Hospital Center, where he also served on the residency selection committee, and at Brooklyn Jewish Hospital (now Interfaith Hospital) in Brooklyn, NY. He held an associate professorship at Peninsula Hospital through the Iowa College of Podiatric Medicine.
Dr. Weissinger is board certified in foot and ankle surgery through the American Board of Podiatric Surgery, recertified in 1992 and 2002. He has had the opportunity to lecture, write and give educational presentations regarding foot deformities on many occasions.
He is the founder and “acting chief” of the Section of Podiatric Surgery in the Department of Orthopedics at Huntington Hospital, part of the North Shore-LIJ Health System. He is also on staff at Syosset Hospital and many nursing facilities on the north shore of Long Island.
Dr. Weissinger has been involved in many Huntington community activities, including being a past president of the Huntington Rotary Club, Inc. He is a Paul Harris Fellow, the highest honor that can be bestowed by Rotarians upon a fellow Rotarian.
- Founding and “Acting” Chief, Section of Podiatric Surgery, Department of Orthopedics – Huntington Hospital / North Shore-LIJ Health System
- Board Certified, Foot and Ankle Surgery – American Board of Podiatric Surgery. Learn more about why board certification is important.
- In private practice since 1980 with extensive experience in reconstructive foot surgery, diabetic foot and limb salvage.
- Undergraduate: University of Notre Dame du Lac, Notre Dame, IN
- Medical School: New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- Internship: Foot Clinics of the City of New York
- Residency: New York College of Podiatric Medicine & the Foot Clinics of the City of New York, with rotations at Peninsula Hospital Center in Queens and The Hospital for Joint Diseases